Snoring changes everything

I chose Endcliffe Park this weekend - the easy option in terms of it being closest to home.

The original plan to take Ailsa (wife) and Isla (dog) to Graves was scuppered by my excessive snoring during the night which meant that Ailsa needed a bit longer in bed to recover.

Nice chat with James and Sarah-Jane before the start - the former making his return to running after an achilles injury, the latter a music and languages supply teacher. They were clearly really close friends who look out for each other every day - such pleasant and interesting people. Sarah Jane’s  closest parkrun is Clumber Park and she encouraged me to pay a visit. I said I would, it's definitely time to venture out beyond Sheffield - this has to be a priority for the spring and summer.

Felt quite good today - the recent training with Katie still bearing fruit. As I came down the driveway towards the finish I was determined to pass a few people and not to be overtaken - the former was achieved but sadly 2 human greyhounds came rushing by in the last few strides - oh well, at least I tried.

A brief chat with Steve and Frazier ensued before making my way home. Steve told me he completed last weekend's Sheffield half marathon on 1 hour 38mins - pretty impressive for a crusty, middle aged professor (only joking Steve, you're not really crusty. Great job - well done!).

That’s 81 in the bank and feeling good. I'm being dragged off to the garden centre - a sure sign that spring really has sprung! 

Until next time - happy parkrunning.

Please leave any comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog