Family parkrun

Today was a 'first' on my parkrun tour as I was joined at Endcliffe Park by both my son Luke and daughter Katie for the first time. 

The early part of the run involved a friendly chat with Ben Heller and his daughter by which time I realised that Katie had disappeared into the distance in her quest to break the 25 minute barrier. I gradually reigned her in and then surprisingly left her behind, feeling quite good for a change - must have had something to do with the 2 good night's sleep I had on Thursday and Friday - sleep really can make a difference..!

My time of 24.57 was quite pleasing - Katie arrived 30 seconds later and Luke in just over 28 mins, his best time so far for 5k, apparently having hardly broken sweat - the coolness of youth! It won't be long before they are both faster then me - better enjoy it while it lasts!   

We are training for the Edinburgh Marathon Hairy Haggis relay which takes place at the end of May, raising money for the charity Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland - our way of saying thank you for the excellent care my wife Ailsa received after her heart attack last year. Fundraising link to follow in the next couple of weeks - any donations welcomed. 

Another fun start to a bank holiday weekend. 55 parkruns now completed - one more than my age..! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog