Back to Concord

Back to Concord this weekend, mainly so I could recover my daughter's favourite fleece left there last week.

A friendly conversation broke out on arrival with Margaret, Dawn, Tom and Ian from Pennistone Running Club who, like Jude last week, were collecting points for their parkrun club competition. All of them confessed to having taken up running in retirement which I thought was pretty cool.

Just before the start I looked behind me and saw a gentlemen in the bushes with his trousers by his ankles revealing more than a little of his modesty. He was of course changing into his parkrun running gear. I couldn't help wondering if his name was Harry - flash Harry - but could not pluck up the courage to ask.! 

I decided to adopt a more consistent pace this week but felt quite tired most of the way round, particularly on the Concord hill which seemed considerably longer and harder this week. Suzie, a triathlete, kept me company for part of the way which was nice, but with her saving her energy for a 5k swim in the afternoon, we soon parted company. My time of 24.27 was slightly better than last week - surprisingly... 

Luke and Abbie approached me on the walk back to the car park and proceeded to make me feel very jealous by announcing that they were soon off on their holidays to Cape Verde - no doubt for a holiday of sun, sea and you've guessed it... running!! 

parkrun number 57 successfully completed - one nearer my 100 target. See you all next week in or around Sheffield - not decided where yet.. 

P.S. the parkrun annual report is definitely worth reading - see link below - a welcome ray of sunshine and positivity in an increasingly topsy turvy and turbulent world..

https://issuu.com/parkrun/docs/parkrun-uk-2016-run-report?e=17055298/47861287

Comments

Popular posts from this blog